Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Trip to Eastern P.E.I.

A farmhouse on Grey's Rd., Rte.201 in Hopefield.
The house is a typical late 19th-century Island-ell farmhouse.
The barn too is typical late 19th-century post and beam built with steep gabled roofs.
This house is on the Wood Island Road, Rte. 315 in Caledonia.  It's an Island-ell style house with double dormers over the kitchen wing.
At the intersection of  Rte. 315 and Rte. 24 in Caledonia is this Presbyterian Church.  There is much Scottish tradition in this community and evident at the church.

The front door with Scottish motto above.
The steeple is topped with a beautiful forged Scotch Thistle - likely crafted by a local blacksmith.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Carter
    Great photos as always. I know the first farm well. It is across the road from where my father was born and is the home of the Blue family. Dean Blue was a schoolteacher and taught my father in school. She passed about 20 years ago in her 90's. It is now owned by her grandson Alex Blue, who also now owns my grandfather's farm across the road. Seeing your pictures always makes me miss the Island. Keep the pictures coming!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete