This Blog is to inform and display the architectural heritage of Prince Edward Island!
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Another Farmhouse lost to Fire
Last week there was another fire which consumed a rural farmhouse - the following is the article in the Guardian Newspaper. Every year a few of these old houses burn for one reason or another.
Published on January 4, 2013 - Provincial fire marshal Dave Rossiter is back today at the scene of a residence fire in Canavoy which severely damaged a two-storey older residence owned by Everett Coughlin on the Old Mount Stewart Road. - Guardian photo
The following was in the Guardian Newspaper website on January 4, 2013.
CANAVOY — Provincial fire marshal Dave Rossiter is back today at the scene of a residence fire in Canavoy which severely damaged a two-storey older residence owned by Everett Coughlin on the Old Mount Stewart Road. Rossiter was on the site Thursday as well following the fire, which broke out at approximatelty 11 a.m. in bitterly cold conditions Wednesday.
East River fire department responded to the blaze, assisted by St. Peters, Morell, Mount Stewart and North Shore departments. Coughlin is the owner of the construction company Hammer & Spike. Rossiter said he had a few followups to do and will not likely have a cause of fire determined by the end of day today. The home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived on the scene. It appeared the fire started around the top part of a chimney near the roof. There was no one home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries. The home was almost completely gutted. The exterior of the house is now encased in ice from the water poured onto the flames by firefighters.