The following information cf. http://www.historicplaces.ca/en/rep-reg/place-lieu.aspx?id=1815
This large "Fox House" (more commonly known as "Four-Square" style) was built in 1914 for Robert Hudson Gordon, one of the local pioneers of the fox farming industry on Prince Edward Island. The carpenter was Robert Rankin.
The very large (one of the largest in western PEI) 2-1/2 storeys house has a hipped roof complete with large dormers on each side. There are shallow bay windows and a partial wrap-around verandah with round columns. This house always been well maintained and today is in excellent condition.
During the 1930's the house came up for offer and was purchased by Roy Barbour and his family - Roy's son Jack and his family remain here today.