Thursday, June 23, 2016

Johnstone Mill, Long River - long since gone

    I just saw this image on Earles Picture Restoration Facebook page of the Long River Mill when it was called  Ye Olde Mill Museum.  When I knew this building in the late 1980s it was unused and becoming derilict - it was demolished in the late 1990s I believe.
     Arnold Smith said his grandmother May (MacLeod) Smith, of Pleasant Valley, said their family took wool here to be carded.
     The following comes from the website www.janedyment.ca

1 comment:

  1. My grandfather and father ran the mill in the 1950's--1960's. I used to go with my father to the mill for lumber and to help grandfather. I was told to stay away from the mill as it was a dangerous place for a little girl. Our grandparents house was just up above the pond from the mill. Grandfather was Everett Paynter and father was Ivan Paynter. Mavis Paynter

    ReplyDelete