Howard built this house sometime in the 1920's. His brother Golden Weeks was a blacksmith - they often worked together on projects, such as sleighs - Golden would make the metal runners and Howard the sleigh. They had workshops that backed on to each other.
The Cumins 1928 Atlas of Prince Edward Island shows Howard Weeks living here at the corner of Rte. 2 and Rte. 264 in Fredericton with 10 acres of land. It also notes he was postmaster, his wife's name is Lily, and they have the following children: Harold, Lorne and Lotila.
The front of the house has a 2-storey projecting dormer. It features barge board trim; decorative cut fascia board; eave brackets; cedar shingles complete with board 'n batten in the high gable. The main body of the house also features decorative cut cedar shingles in the octagon pattern.
As you can see the front door has been changed to a modern insulated metal door - originally it would have had two small narrow doors.
The front of the house faces east on Rte. 264 - the Malpeque Road (Rte. 2) is the right / north of the house.