This house was originally built on the Founds Mills Road in Clinton in the late 1890's. In the early 1990's it was moved from it's original location about 2 miles on to Route 6 in Clinton. Some renovations were carried at that time. In the summer of 2008 a friend of ours bought the house with the intention to restore it. The following photos were taken on August 13, 2008.
The interior has typical detail and trim. However, the Parlour mantle had a painting within it, painted on plaster - a rare find in a rural Island farmhouse.
Below: Looking in to Parlour from Front Hall.
Below: the back stairs in the kitchen wing leading down to the kitchen.
Our friend sold the house later in 2008 not having started renovations. The present owners have done an outstanding job renovating/restoring the old house and won 1st Prize in the PEI Rural Beautification Awards in 2010. http://www.peirbs.ca/index.php?page=gallery2010