Here are some recent photos of buildings found in the photo above.
Below: Pleasant Valley United Church - formerly Pleasant Valley Methodist Church. Built in the 1870's. The church was moved to its present location, across the road and east up the hill in 1948 when the road was rebuilt - raised and widened. When the amalgamation of the pastoral charges of Breadalbane and Cavendish took place in the late 1980's this church was closed to become the Pleasant Valley Memorial Church. Special services are held here each summer along with the occasional funeral.
Below: The Sharpe House in March 1999.
Below: The Sharpe House being moved about 1-1/2 miles from Rte. 2 Hwy onto the Smith Farm on the Smith Road in November 1999. At the time the owners had built a new bungalow right up beside the old house and were intending to tear the old house down if no one came forward to move it away.
Below: Sharpe House before and after.
Above: Isaac and Catherine Sharpe.
Above: 2 of the 5 Sharpe sisters - Cassie and Mina.
Above: Harold Sharpe.
Above: Cassie Sharpe with her dog.
Below: The Pleasant Valley School on the MacKinnon Property - it was pulled to the back of this property and used as a barn probably around the time of School Consolidation in the mid 1970's. Over the years the building rotted into the ground and by the early 2000's it had collapsed.