Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Old House beside Wheatley River

Just drove by this old homestead this afternoon and saw that it had recently sold by Peters & Lank Realty / Royal LePage.  This house has been well photographed over the years appearing in my Tourism images and calendars.  Here's what I found on a Google Images search.

Here's a few photos I took of this property in September 2003.
The property is located near the intersections of Roads 224 (Glasgow Rd), 243 and 258 and sits beside the Whealtey River.
Above: the kitchen has a wrap around verandah.

2 comments:

  1. FYI, it was purchased my the Gallants in the house right beside it (1640 New Glasgow) - Ie me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Great Uncles, Gordon and Charlie Andrews, owned this house until the mid-1980s when it transferred ownership to Grant Rackham, Brother of Irene Rackham ( wife of Gordon Andrews. He rented it for years until it was uninhabitable. I drive past it every summer when I am on the Island and am so sad that it has ended up like this. My uncles were farmers and that was once a beautiful house…well cared for back in the day.

    ReplyDelete