When the great fire of 1906 leveled near 150 buildings not only were new buildings constructed but other buildings were moved in from outside of town to fill in the empty spaces. One such building was Fernwood - moved to the corner of Church and Summer Streets by William Henry Pope from where the GST Tax Center stands today.
Heritage Walking Tour, Summerside, Prince Edward Island
( research & text by Faye Pound )
Image cf. Wyatt Heritage Properties: Walking Tour website: http://www.wyattheritage.com/mainsite/historic/tourstopimage.asp?TourID=6